My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Thursday 3 May 2012

"Jump For Joy" Sketch Challenge

 Can you tell which line I am REALLY loving right now??? Yep, I made another layout using Bella Blvd's Happiness & Sunshine line. I followed a Page Map by Becky Fleck for a sketch challenge posted on her blog. We went to Jamaica for spring break and it was a perfect getaway! A whole week of sun, sand, and scuba diving!!!

 I was reading some old issues of Scrapbook & Cards Today and found an article by Kelly Goree about mixing patterned papers together. I tried to follow her suggestions on this layout, using a bold pattern with more subtle ones. I have to say I am proud of myself for going beyond the usual cardstock background and matting. It is so fun to play around and learn new tricks!

I have to say that I could definitely use a little vacation these days. I am so excited for summer- I LOVE camping and going to the beach or just lazing by the pool. BBQ-ing and having get togethers are such fun summer things too! And I can't forget gardening! I think that is why this line makes me feel so creative- memories of all those fun summer things!

No comments:

Post a Comment