My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Thursday 10 May 2012

Summer Fun and A Pool Surprise!

 I was flipping through some of my old scrapbooking magazines and came across a cute sketch I wanted to try. My husband is such a good sport and often does some pretty cute and funny things, especially with our nieces and nephews. They are still small and can fit into this jumbo pail but my husband is obviously too big!

 I used Echo Park Paper from last summer to make this layout. I used a journalling tag from Bella Blvd's Sunshine & Happiness. The title was from Echo Park as well.

 I cut strips of paper with different patterns in different sizes. I also used some border stickers and I even used Doodlebug...can you spot it? I used the new pearl bling from Doodlebug and the Paper Frills in red and purple. Gotta have some Doodlebug!!!!

 We also had some visitors to our pool on Tuesday night. I live in a city and this is a pretty peculiar sight. It is not everyday that ducks come by to swim in a pool!!! They stayed for quite awhile and there was much excitment in the house as Tao watched them walk around on the deck and then hop into the pool for a swim and a snack! (There are water beetles in our pool so thanks to those ducks for cleaning them out!) Our pool is not up and running yet so there is no chlorine in there, thankfully for the ducks. You just never know when nature will come calling!!!

I tried to get Tao's head in the picture because she was just going nuts watching these guys march around in her backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment