My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Crop & Create Inspiration

 I was at Crop & Create Winnipeg this weekend and it was a fabulous weekend of inspiration and learning! This card was a Make & Take with Caroline Lau from Maya Road. Such a cute idea! And it was VERY easy to make! The only problem is- who do you give a card like this to since it has so many embellishments....and if the person threw it away- devastating! I think I am keeping it for myself!

 I made this card for a challenge but I did not win. I used Doodlebug products from the Flower Box line and I added a chipboard sun and clouds covered with patterned paper. The little yellow butterful is from Jillibean Soup and I added 2 Doodlepearls. I absolutely love the seals, quotes, and tags cardstock stickers in Doodlebugs new lines. Perfect for cards!

 I also made this card using Doodlebug products from the Flower Box line. The twine came in our goody bag and I think it is probably Maya Road.

I took a class with Beth Kingston and it was full of very easy and cool ideas using the Xyron sticker maker. We made a version of this star but in a heart shape instead. I just think it looks so amazing- even better in person since you cannot see the colour very well or the glitter on it! I never thought I would use the Xyron products but I think Beth has convinced me!!!!

I also took 2 classes with the sweet Kelly Goree. I did not really finish my layouts from her classes yet so I will post those when I get some photos on them.

If you have not been to a Crop & Create, I totally recomend going. It is a great way to learn from some very talented people and you can meet new scrapping friends along the way. Ooohhh, and they have prizes! I won a Stampin' Up flower punch! The goody bag is filled with neat stuff and they give prizes away in the classes too. While I did not get much done in the actual crop part, I did take 3 classes and I learned some new stuff along the way so a very good but tiring weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment