My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Thursday 9 May 2013

Sketch Challenge and another for Fun!

 I had a wonderfully creative day today. I made this top layout for fun- not finished yet as I am not sure what photos I will add. I was in reverse mode today since I usually start a layout with pictures in mind but since I was scraplifting a layout from Kelly Goree I started with paper. I used My Minds Eye paper (Fine and Dandy) that I really like but have not used since I bought it a few years ago already!

 This is my layout for Becky Fleck's Sketch challenge from her blog. I have had this watermelon paper set aside and have been wanting to use it forever! I have tried more than once to come up with a layout using it and today something clicked! The paper is Watermelon Gazpacho Soup by Jillibean Soup. I am not sure where I got the paper from but I did not buy the whole line and had to combine new and old together to get a finished product. The background red paper is from Pebbles basics. The strip in the middle is the bottom of the Pebbles paper- I love how they make that tear off strip re-usable by having a design on one side...so smart!

 I used cut outs from the Fresh Vegetables Soup line (sun and clouds). I used a tag from the Coconut Lime Soup line. The sentiment is a rub-on from Daisy Bucket. The little word stickers are also Jillibean Soup from the sticker sheet Blossom Soup.
I used a black Sharpie pen to make faux stitching around my layout. I also matted my photo with black cardstock.


Here is the sketch from Becky Fleck's Blog that I used for my inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment