I am starting my post today with a Halloween layout that I made using Doodlebug and a paper piece from Bella Blvd. I used cheesecloth to mimic cobwebs for the spiders. I think I am going to add two more spiders on the bottom to give more detail.
I like to be crafty outside of cards and layouts too so I am going to share two of my recent Halloween creations. First is a mummy jar for a candle or goodies....or whatever!
I took strips of cheesecloth and mod podged them onto the jar. I glued on googly eyes and there it is! So easy!
I bought the supplies for this last year and never got around to making it. I finally put it together this weekend, with plenty of time to spare before Halloween! I took a cauldron and filled the bottom with crumpled newspaper. I covered a metal pie plate with foam that is used to fill cracks. While it was wet I stuck various spooky things into it and left it to dry. After a couple of hours I painted the foam, which was orignally a cream colour, a sickly green colour. This was tricky since I had to get into the grooves and around the spooky things. It took awhile to complete the paint but it was worth it!
I got the eyes, ants, spiders, and worms at Dollarama. I love how it turned out and now I have a fun centerpiece for my Halloween party!