My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Friday 19 October 2012

Halloween with Doodlebug

 I had intended to make some Christmas cards with my Doodlebug stuff but then somehow I made a Halloween layout instead! I just adore the Mini-Doodlepops from this collection- Haunted Manor. I started with black cardstock from Bazzill. I cut a stip of the green dotted paper and then used an EK Success border punch for the zig zag strip in the purple dot paper. I added the fence sticker and put the pumpkin Mini Doodlepops on top.
 The cobwebs are from the package you can buy to decorate your house. Not the easiest stuff to work with on a layout but somehow I managed to get it to work. I added Mini spider Doodlepops to the ends of 2 strands.
 I added more cobweb at the bottom corner and then had some cobweb trailing down the side with a spider sticker at the end. I used a circle punch on the spider paper and tucked it behind my photo. I used 2 of the Cute Cuts from this collection for my title and sub-title. I made my husband up as a zombie last year for Halloween. It was my first time experimenting and I am so excited to try again this year!
I really wanted to do something with pumpkins sitting on a fence because it reminds me of that Halloween poem from elementary school. 12 days til' Halloween........I am so excited!

PS: I used Becky Fleck's sketch below for this layout!

1 comment: