My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Monday 22 October 2012

More Christmas Cards!

 We are safe from the snow for now- only rain tomorrow they say! But it is time to plan those Christmas cards! I made this card using my Cricut and the cartridge Winter Frolic to make the ornaments. I used a Martha Stewart punch to make the pine tree boughs by punching many of the leaves and putting them together. I used a rub-on for the title and I added a Recollections bling to the bottom ornament. The background paper was from My Mind's Eye: 12 Days Of Christmas. I used Bazzill cardstock for the ornaments.

 I decided to break out my dry embossing templates for this card. I have a whole stack of Lasting Impressions templates and I still love them! These snowmen are super cute and I dry embossed them onto white cardstock. I used a Sharpie marker to colour in the nose, eyes, and mouths. The pink and blue hats were embossed on Lasting Impressions paper. I used old Christmas Doodlebug paper for this card and the So Sweet Cute Cut. I added 2 bling to either side of the Cute Cut. I used a tab punch for the top and the card pulls out of the pocket as seen below.

 I made a second version of this card using the same snowman embossing template from Lasting Impressions. I used various snowflake punches and added a bling to the centers. I used old winter Doodlebug paper to make this card. The stripe part is a flap that lifts to reveal the sentiment.

       I have a thing for snowmen, snowflakes, and santas. Chrismtas is so much fun!

1 comment: